Wisconsin Bone and Joint is committed to providing cutting edge treatment to our patients. We conduct clinical research so that we can better understand the injuries we treat and provide effective care for our patients. We have published our research in multiple journals and presented our work at national meetings to other orthopedic surgeons. We strive to remain on the forefront of medical care.
- Carofino BC, Brogan D, Spinner R, Bishop AT, Shin AY. Iatrogenic Nerve Injuries Resulting from Shoulder Surgery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013 Sep 18; 95(18): 1667-74
- Insel A, Carofino B, Leger R, Arciero R, Mazzocca AD. The development of an objective model to assess arthroscopic performance. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009 Sep; 91(9);2287-95
- Carofino BC, Leopold SS. Classifications in brief: the Neer classification for proximal humerus fractures. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013 Jan; 471(1):39-43
- Carofino BC, Bishop AT, Spinner RJ, Shin AY. Nerve injuries resulting from arthroscopic treatment of lateral epicondylitis: report of 2 cases. J Hand Surg Am. 2012 Jun. 37(6). 1208-10
- Carofino B, Chowaniec DM, McCarthy MD, Bradley JP, Delaronde S, Beitzel K, Cote MP, Arciero RA, Mazzocca AD. Corticosteroids and local anesthetics decrease positive effects of platelet-rich plasma: an in vitro study on human tendon cells. Arthroscopy 2012. May 28(5): 711-9
- Carofino BC, Mazzocca AD. The anatomic coracoclavicular ligament reconstruction: surgical technique and indications. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010 Mar; 19(2 Suppl):37-46
- Carofino BC, Fulkerson JP. Anteromedialization of the tibial tubercle for patellofemoral arthritis in patients > 50 years. J Knee Surg. 2008 Apr;21(2):101-5.
- Carofino BC, Lieberman JR. Gene therapy applications for fracture-healing. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008 Feb;90 Suppl 1:99-110.
- Carofino BC, Santangelo SA, Kabadi M, Mazzocca AD, Browner BD. Olecranon fractures repaired with FiberWire or metal wire tension banding: a biomechanical comparison. Arthroscopy. 2007 Sep;23(9):964-70.
- Bicos J, Carofino B, Andersen M, Schepsis AA, Fulkerson JP, Mazzocca A. Patellofemoral forces after medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction: a biomechanical analysis. J Knee Surg. 2006 Oct;19(4):317-26.
- Mazzocca AD, Cohen M, Berkson E, Nichols G, Carofino BC, Arciero R, Romeo AA. The anatomy of the bicipital tuberosity and distal biceps tendon. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2007 Jan-Feb;16(1):122-7.
- Carofino B, Fulkerson J. Medial hamstring tendon regeneration following harvest for anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: fact, myth, and clinical implication. Arthroscopy. 2005 Oct;21(10):1257-65. Review.
- Kline SC. Repetitive strain injuries and cumulative trauma disorders. J Hand Surg Am. 1997 Jan; 22(1):167-8
- Kiritsis PG, Kline SC. Biomechanical changes after carpal tunnel release: a cadaveric model for comparing open, endoscopic and step-cut lengthening techniques. J Hand Surg Am. 1995 Mar; 20(2):173-80
- Kline SC, Holder LE. Segmental reflex sympathetic dystrophy: clinical and scintigraphic criteria. J Hand Surge Am. 1993 Sep; 18(5):853-9
- Kline SC, Moore JR. The transverse carpal ligament. An important component of the digital flexor pulley system. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1992 Dec; 74(10); 1478-85
- Kline SC, Moore JR, deMente SH. Glomus tumor originating within a digital nerve. J Hand Surg Am. 1990 Jan;15(1); 98-101