Questions You Should Consider Asking Your Orthopedic Specialist
- Is joint replacement the best option for me now, or should I wait?
- If I have joint replacement surgery, how much of my pain will be relieved?
- How physically active can I be with a new joint?
- How do joint replacements compare?
- What are the risks or complications of joint replacement surgery?
- How long will I be in the hospital, and how soon after having the procedure can I get back to normal daily activities?
- Is joint replacement covered by my health insurance?
- After the procedure, will I see you or my regular doctor for follow-up care?
- How many of these procedures have you performed?